January Member Meeting - 01/25/2022
Minutes not yet approved
Called to order: 2:35pm
Present: Sarah Steinmeyer, Brenda Vavroch, Steven Eilers, Sally Browne, Christine Carpenter, Mira Evans, Katie Boaldin, Tammy Turner, Kathryn Gilbery
Minutes: Sally Motioned - Katie Moved
- End of year report and statements were shared
- Planning to purchase sensory path stencils as part of Waterloo 5210 initiative
- Proposed changes to update bylaws for spending and reimbursement guidelines
- Back Yard Tour - held initial meeting and date set for Saturday June 18th 10-1pm with 7-8 locations. Working with partner agencies to help with printing costs.
- Green Iowa AmeriCorps will help with collecting donations again this year. Next meeting Feb 11th, talk with Tammy to join and assist.
Health & Wellness
- Sensory path Project - 3rd year of 5210 funding for Waterloo, focus this year on physical activity access. Waterloo Schools interested in adding these to their concrete spaces for early childhood development. Marty Metcalf will work with career center to transpose templates onto durable materials, WCSD staff will install once concrete is 50 degrees, schools will supply materials and labor to install and maintain.
- Rock Valley Physical Therapy Open House - Community Education tentative May in the new clinic.
- Rock Valley also in the initial planning with House of Hope for some wellness outreach to its residents.
Fresh Produce Availability
- Local Food & Film Festival planning for in person with 2-week cancelation notice "Kiss the Ground" Sat March 5th - Hearst Center for the Arts 10 - 3 pm Farmers, classes, activities, film and discussion
- Garden in Every Lot - outreach materials translated and continued outreach and planning for the season - open to any residence in Black Hawk County
Promotions and Development Report
- Newsletter information share before end of February
- Website will be updated
- Cowboy Card - please review and provide comment to finalize design
- Guernsey Grant Proposal - Purchasing children's books from 3 local authors and bringing them back to the area for book discussions at local libraries, (public and schools) giving copies to several libraries to add to their collections to loan.
- Still need Fresh Produce Director and vice president- group members gave suggestions and offered to share info with others.
- Election to place new president Steve Eilers- motioned Kathryn, moved Sarah vote all aye
- Define Objective - create a goal or target priorities for this year, - brainstorming session highlights: special speakers, mental health, substance abuse, veterans, healthcare provider burnout, healthcare coordination.
- Health Champions - 5210 and INRCOG were nominated by BHCPH - Sarah
Member Renewals for 2022 TIME!!!
- Individual membership: $5.00
- Organization or Business membership: $20.00
- Payable to Healthy Cedar Valley Coalition, see detailed form
** Next Board Meeting** virtual February 22nd 2:30pm Link will be sent from ISU
** Next Member General Meeting** virtual March 22nd 2:30pm Link will be sent from ISU
Meeting adjourned at 4:02pm
Recorded by Brenda Vavroch